Friday, November 26, 2010

random update

So... I am pretty much dead from the combination of moving, unpacking, Thanksgiving and Black Friday...

BUT... I did manage to come home and drag one of our Christmas trees up from the basement. I'm debating on putting up two trees this year since it's the first time I've had two large windows to work with, but I'm a little tired and don't know if I should be concentrating my efforts there or in the general furnishing of the new house. One day I'll have pictures, but I would prefer that the pictures not show the many boxes that are still unpacked. ( I would rather decorate than unpack! There's so much to do!)

Anyhow, thought I would share the quick supper I threw together tonight when I got in. We had chicken breasts that needed to be used, so I boiled them in a mixture of chicken broth and water after coating them in pepper, poultry spice, garlic salt, and who knows what.

After that, I shredded the chicken, popped open a can of cream of chicken, mixed some leftover mashed potatoes with a half stick of melted butter, crumbled a handful of oyster crackers on top and baked for about 20 minutes at 350.

Surprisingly, it's good!

So now I'm going to trot off and straighten out the branches of one of my trees and simultaneously watch Stacy and Clinton transform some more people. Someone please vote for me to get on that show!

1 comment:

  1. That does sound good! I would love to put up my Christmas tree this year, but I think the cat would destroy it, and so far I haven't thought of a good place for it in my room.

    ReplyDelete