Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow day=car wreck

I can't believe I'm even writing this, but Brandon and I got in a car wreck as he was taking me to work this morning. We were on the interstate headed west toward Mt. Juliet and were, oddly enough, talking about how Brandon thought the interstate was the safest place to be in snow or ice. I disagreed because I feel more comfortable on back roads that I can be all granny-like and creep on when I'm afraid of sliding. I would rather slide into a ditch than into another car going a fast speed.

Anyhow, we were going along just fine until we slowed on the ramp. And then the Honda had a mind of its own. We went zig-zagging through three lanes, slowly at first, building momentum until Brandon's side of the car rammed into a silver Kia. We're okay. Let me repeat that. We're okay! The other guys bumper was damaged and the driver's side back door was dented in enough that we can't open it. I hit the console pretty hard at the impact and have a bit of bruising on the side of my belly, but baby's moving fine. We called the doctor and she told me not to come in unless I was bleeding or the baby didn't move for several hours. Hours later, I'm beginning to feel like I had some pretty substanstial jarring. My hips hurt and so does my chest. It could be that I burst into tears as we started sliding. I thought we were going to die, and I had visions of our car tearing through the guardrail and tumbling down the hill into traffic.

I called out of work and spent the day on my grandma's couch with a massive headache, no doubt brought on by the panic attack. Brandon was okay and went on to work despite my pleadings. Haha, I was worked up and thought the interstate was evil.

I'm okay now. Baby's fine. Thank God we weren't killed. I hate the snow and ice.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's horrible! I'm glad you're ok! Exit ramps are always my biggest fear! I hope you guys' insurance isn't a mess, that they understand what the weather conditions were like. I'm guessing Carlton went in for you, and I'm so glad you got the day off. I got in a car wreck once on my way to work at Chili's years ago, and I still had to go in. It was a horrible day. My mind was too freaked to concentrate. i kept bursting into tears worrying about my car and insurance, and not knowing how to handle it.

    ReplyDelete