Sunday, February 6, 2011

Favorite Things- January (late)

A girl over at one of my favorite blogs, Cleared for Takeoff, is doing a "favorite things" series. I decided to join in because it sounds like fun!

I'm doing this a bit late because it's already February, but I would like to try to do one of these for each month of the year. I always like to hear about what's making people happier or their lives easier, so I thought I'd include some of the things that are getting me through this last stage of pregnancy.

1. Little Dorrit (BBC movie)


Brandon and I watched this movie sometime last year and loved it. Well, he gave it to me for Christmas and we've been working our way through it for the past couple of weeks. Our trouble is that we always start a movie as soon as we get into bed so that we rarely make our way through it. We're nerds and love movies based on classic literature. I feel like it gives us a little bit of intellect as well as entertainment.

2. Learning how to coupon.



There are some girls that I went to high school with that had a coupon class last week. Although I didn't make it to the class, they have still been willing to share their knowledge with me. I look forward to saving money once the baby comes, though I know there will absolutely have to be a learning curve. I've never clipped coupons! When I see the incredible deals they post about, though, I definitely want to change my ways. I'm already an extreme bargain/clearance shopper, so I can see an addiction coming on!

3. McDonald's Iced Vanilla Coffee



I have always loved this stuff, but I am loving it more now that I am slowly incorporating some caffeine back into my diet. I have learned that moderation makes a pregnancy healthy and me happier. With my energy being zapped in these last few weeks, this is always a little pick-me-up. I want to abuse it and have, like, ten a day, but I am getting by on one medium every couple of days.

4. Cocoa Butter.

Although my belly resembles the Great Barrier Reef with all of the stretch marks, this definitely soothes the pain of stretching. I've never had much elasticity in my skin, but this tricks my skin into believing there's elastic. I don't use the frou-frou maternity boutique brand. My Kroger-brand works just fine. Brandon's been taking advantage of it, too, since his skin is so dry in the winter.

5. Pantene Beautiful Lengths shampoo

Because Brandon wants me to grow out my hair (ick), I've been using this shampoo that defends against breakage and encourages hair growth. Pantene has something similar to the locks-of-love program, so I thinking about donating my hair to a good cause once I have it long enough for a while. Brandon hates the idea of me donating it after it's gotten to a point where he deems it long, but I know I'll be bored or infuriated with it by the time it reaches that stage. Anyhow, I like the way this shampoo smells. And, along with the prenatal vitamins, I think this little gem is doing the trick.

So, those are my favorite things for January! Boring, I know, but they're making my life much easier! :)







Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. For locks of love your hair has to be 11 inches in a ponytail. For me they took 12 because the 11 starts at the elastic, but the cut has to happen above that. I'm glad I donated my hair, but looking back my hair was way too short afterward, I wish I'd had some more length before chopping it off.

    I want that shampoo, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... what Trina said. It takes forever to grow it out that long and then they usually cut it too short, at least for me.


    Couponing is really easy. I use thegrocerygame.com. I pay $10 every 8 weeks and they tell me what the deals are with the grocery store I choose. I don't save as much now that I'm gluten-free, but before I'd save $40-50 easily.

    You should also check out hotcouponworld.com and google for southern savers and faithful provisions. The latter is a woman based in brentwood/franklin so she's got a lot of local deals. :)

    ReplyDelete