Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weight Watchers

I am starting Weight Watchers (again). I want to have the energy to be the best mama to my baby girl, so I need to do something to get back down to the slimmer version of myself from about five years ago. I would also like to look better, but my biggest priority is sticking around and being healthy for Natalie. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and cancer run on both sides of my family, so...yeah. Not that weight loss contributes to a lesser risk of cancer, but cancer is primarily fought by eating lots of fruits and veggies. That's something I've always needed to work on.

Anyhow, here are my stats. I'm not too embarrassed because I did grow a life inside of me for nine months. I do hope to weigh less the next time I get pregnant, though, because it's more painful the heavier you get! Wish I had thought that one through the first time. You live, you learn.

Highest Pregnancy Weight: 207 (I lie. I weighed more the first few days postpartum because all of the fluid that was pumped into me. This was the highest weight caused by pregnancy-related things, though.)
Current: 180
Goal: 150ish or less, depending on how I feel.
YAY!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. No, you're right on both counts, obesity does have a higher risk for cancer, and fruits and veggies antioxidants also help fight it. Dr. Oz said the risk factors weren't really genetic, but that is had more to do with smoking, drinking, being overweight, messing with your homrmones, and something else I can never remember. Basically, unnatural things. Well, for breast cancer anyway.

    I need to do WW with you, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I just joined WW today! It was my first meeting...and I'm so excited about it. What a lifestyle change but it's going to be so worth it. I can't wait to hear about your journey. We can swap tips and recipes!

    ReplyDelete