Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Random spurts of motherhood.

So. . . I've been attempting to get reorganized in every aspect of my life. LOL. I don't know why I have to laugh at that, but, if you know me, you know I'm one of those who often flies by the seat of my pants. I do just enough organization to get by. I don't look at calendars. I buy planners, and they sit around prettily until I'm doing a cleaning haul, the year's already half-way gone, and then they're disposed of until I see another cute planner on deep clearance at Target. That is me. I hate that about myself. I'm too relaxed. But... now I have a child whom I'm responsible for. I have to keep up with her doctor's visits, her iron supplement, her care schedule.

And oh my goodness-- can we just talk about how more than a year's flown by since I had Natalie? This time last year I was probably holed away in our master bedroom watching the Voice, eating lean cuisines, and crying while rocking Natalie. I don't feel like an old pro when it comes to motherhood by any means, but I sure have relaxed. I've hit another roadblock, though. Natalie's walking. My child... my teeny baby...is standing on her wobbly little legs and walking. Not just walking. Running. It's what nightmares are made of. I don't have baby gates assembled. I don't have latches on cabinet doors. I do well to keep my floor swept and mopped, and now she's WALKING ON IT and leaving piles of toys, utensils, whatever in her wake as she reaches for the dvd player so she can push buttons.

And she's TALKING. Like, full on sentences. Okay, so maybe "Hey baby." isn't what you would typically describe as a sentence, but I can understand her. She's a little mimic. I have to be careful around her when I stub my toe or drop something or bang my head on her highchair. She soaks it all in like a little sponge.

Anyhow, back to organizing my thoughts. Did you like that nice little Natalie tangent?I did!

So, these are the areas I need to get a hold of in the near future:
Cabinets ( I need to latch them and reorganize them-- the makeup cabinet in our master bathroom is a treasure trove of 'no-no's)
Shower ( I just need to legitimately clean our shower. It frightens me.)
Yard (I cannot bear it. We bought a house that requires major landscaping, and I'm bound and determined to rip out our backyard while Brandon's on his mission trip. Speaking of, I need to get quotes on yardwork from some local companies.)
Floors ( I need to mop... and I need to clean our carpet.)
Glasses ( I need to buy a new pair of glasses to replace the ones Natalie hurled across the hardwood)
Teeth cleaning ( I need to make an appointment desperately. Desperately.)

One of these days, I'm gonna get with it and do a before and after series of my house. I know a lot of you think I keep my house reasonably tidy, but y'all need to see the evil that lurks behind closed doors when you've got a toddler. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment