Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pregnancy Update: Week 14


I think my last pregnancy related update was thinking that maybe there were two babies inside of me instead of just one? Anyhow, we got that figured out. One baby. One ornery, nauseating baby. I don't mean to say that about the *baby*, just the pregnancy.

This pregnancy has been exhausting. I basically had it made my first pregnancy because, although I was sick and tired a lot of the time, I didn't have a little one to tend to. You can't lay around all day when you're chasing, entertaining, and cleaning up after a very busy and energetic toddler.

Symptoms:

Well, I am officially out of the first trimester, so I'm hoping some of the dreaded symptoms will finally take their leave. I think I have been nauseated since week four of this pregnancy. I begged for Zofran (an anti-nausea medication) at my eight week visit, saw some improvement, and then didn't like the breakthrough effects. When it worked, it worked just fine to keep nausea at bay. When it didn't work, it reaaallly didn't work, and all that nausea it had prevented to a certain point came crashing down on me in all its glory. Not fun. Hugging a toilet all day while your little girl is running circles around you is not fun.

No weight gain. Praise the heavens! I would suspect that it's due to the nausea and such. I'm currently thankful for this. I gained too much during my last pregnancy and kept too much on before getting pregnant this time.

Oily skin and hair. Holy puberty batman... it looks like I dumped a container of Crisco on my head and face and then followed that with olive oil.

Dead tiredness. I haz no energy at all.

Smells. My house smells like a dead animal.

Anyhow, we'll be finding out the sex of the baby sometime in October... so until then...Wish me good pregnancy vibes and energetic thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment