Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hi!



So... I'm still working on Natalie's Minnie birthday party, slowly, but surely. I had hopes of it being a big ordeal, but then I got tired and just have run out of time to plan it. I don't want to be the overwhelmed hostess, so I think it's going to be a relatively simple affair.
The above are beauties off of etsy, and they were probably the most expensive part of the party. They were $12 to design, $5 to print out at Walgreens,$10 for stamps, and $3 for envelopes. I had to buy some clearance party invites from Target to find the right size envelopes. $30 for invites wasn't exactly what I was planning to drop, so I'm having to scrimp in other areas. So... basically I just paid the money to get people there so I can serve them crackers! I kid, I kid. Really, it's mostly family and only a couple of friends here and there, so it really was unnecessary, but you only turn one once, and it's mostly for the parents. :) And just so you know, there's more of the invitation than that, but I didn't want all of the crazies out there crashing our party so we've cut the address off.




We're going to have cupcakes, and my mom's making a fondant smash cake for Natalie. I'm making a banner from a cute tutorial I found on pinterest, and I have some other things up my sleeve that will take place the night before the party. I work best under pressure. I have also taken three days off before the party to plan, but we all know that means I'll be sitting around in my pjs playing with Natalie. ;)

OH... and another somewhat unrelated update, I have found the beautiful wonder that is Smocked Auctions. It's a facebook page based out of Texas where smocked dresses are sold for half off retail. There's only a select number of clothes in each size, so you have to pretty much act like a rabid dog to bid and win. I think I won a dress tonight for Natalie, and I'm kind of having buyer's remorse because I don't have $40 to spend on a dress she'll wear once. If you want to see a real life soap opera, tune into Smocked Auctions Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 8:30 CST. Grown women whining about not winning clothes for their babies, drama, drama, drama! You just have to roll with the punches, ladies, and wish for the best! I may or may not have won, but, trust me, I'm in more trouble for winning than for losing! :)

And that's all. Baby's asleep, and I'm about to go cuddle with my kindle!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment