Friday, March 30, 2012

Just call me a stage mother...

Trying to fill up the next ten minutes with a lot of BLAHBLAHBLAH because I am nervous, y'all. On a whim, I started googling child talent agencies because I want to use my kid as a cashcow. Just kidding. I just want to see how it all works, you know? I think Natalie's pretty cute, especially when I see all of these baby models in catalogs and what not. I always think to myself, "Natalie could do that!" I know... it all sounds obnoxious when you type it out, but it's very innocent.

Here's the thing. I think it's better to have experience in the event you decide you want to do something. For instance, when I was in middle school and high school, I loved the idea of performing on Broadway. I was a musical theatre dork, for lack of better words. I was a loser, but I was passionate in my loserdom. Anyhow, I feel like I would have pursued this world of musical theatre if I had a dance background or musical background from an early age. Since I started dance class (begrudginly) at the age of eight, I didn't have the skills or drive of someone who had started at, oh, age three. I was scared and shy and awkward. I didn't pick up on stuff as quickly as the others. I embarrassed myself, so I quit trying.

I wish my mom had enrolled me in stuff at an earlier age. I would have been more well-rounded when the time came for my interests to blossom. Now, Natalie can shove this experience out the door if something more appealing comes her way as she grows older and develops her own uniqueness, but for now-- I'm going to pull the mom-card and see where this goes. I would never force her into something she hates, but I want her to have fun. And no, I would never be a dance mom or a serious stage mother. I'm really not competitive at all; I am nervous easily, so this really is something fun to try for us... I want Natalie to love the arts as much as I do, but her life is hers to live. Believe me, I've seen too many Lifetime movies where this scenario has gone horribly wrong! :)

Anyhow, I got a callback from a talent agency and am discussing possible representation for Natalie. If this goes as far as a Dollar General circular, I'll be happy. ;) I just think it would be something cool to tell her as she gets older. Anyhow, it's 1:00 and my heart's in my stomach as I'm about to make this call! Wish us luck!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment