Saturday, December 4, 2010

Has my neighbor seen me in my underwear?! LOL

Trying to acclimate myself to subdivision living...

So, our house backs up to some woods and our upstairs windows are usually open, right?

I'm vacuuming our guest room where the cats' litter box is currently stationed. This means a steady spray of cat litter on the floor every couple of days or so, so I have to keep it in check lest they track it all over the house.

Anyhow, I was vacuuming this morning in my underwear because it's probably how a lot of us newlyweds choose to do things when we don't have kids running underfoot and don't have our entire family there to walk in on such an embarrassing thing. We're trying to squeeze the last few months of this in before it's entirely off limits and we're banned to a life of sweats and t-shirts, though Brandon will likely ocasionally bust out the boxers for good measure. ( It's a whole lot better than my Dad and his briefs, lemme tell you, though Natalie may not think so!)
Anyhow, in the back of my mind I'm aware that we're in a subdivision and no longer have property that backs up to nothing but land, but I felt safe and secure because no houses are on the back side of our house. And then it strikes me that the woods are there and our next door neighbors hunts behind our house in the woods. I wonder how many times we've been seen walking around in our underwear. I wonder if they have a nickname for us. They've been MIA lately, so maybe we've frightened them away?


And while it's better than naked, my neighbor has probably seen me in my underwear. ( I'm just speculating, I don't know for certain...) I wonder how our next conversation will go. Anyhow, I promptly ran and grabbed a pair of sweats and a t-shirt because hey, I'm pregnant, and this belly is massive. I keep telling myself it's like I was in a bathing suit, but now I feel all weirded out!

Haha, sometimes I miss acreage!

No comments:

Post a Comment