Monday, October 11, 2010

week of insanity ramble

Okay, so we got some word back on the house! It's in the middle of inspection right now, but the appraisal went well. Just a little more time now and then I'll post pictures.
I'm ecstatic to get inside and decorate it. I'm a little iffy about the amount of yardwork I'll have to do. I am seriously the opposite of a greenthumb, but I look forward to learning. Brandon's in a horticulture class this semester, so I'm sure he'll be able to help! The house is beautiful! I can't believe it's ours! Seems like a dream to not be renting anymore.
This week is proving to be a busy, hectic week so far and it's only Monday.
Yesterday, my macbook greeted me with the white screen of death. We've only had it for two years, so it was a complete surprise. Apparently, there's a trend of macbooks' hard drives going out when system updates are performed. I'm crossing my fingers that that's not the case, but all of this happened in the wake of a system update, so I'm not too optimistic. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't a $1500 computer. I'd always heard that macs are golden computers that never have anything go wrong, so I'm a bit turned off right now. We're going to go to the apple store some time this week, but it'll be tough finding the time. I really don't want to drive to Green Hills and stand in line for an hour or more to be told to shell out $500 for something that should not have happened in the first place. I will be desolate if my pictures are lost. That was really the only thing I had on that computer, and we didn't have anything backed up because we didn't feel the need to go the extra mile. "Macs don't crash!"
Anyhow, we both worked today (my day was long and involved Christmas lights, garland, and floral wire) and went over to my in-laws for an eventful dinner of chicken marsala. So good!
Tomorrow we both work and Brandon has class, and then on Wednesday I have my 16/17 week prenatal checkup and lunch and dinner plans while Brandon has work and class. We're also taking of our cats to be spayed and declawed that day. I'm a bit nervous.
The rest of the week is work and packing and trying not to go insane. I'll have to let you guys know how it goes. I'm already tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment