Sunday, October 3, 2010

Okay, so I haven't posted about this yet because I didn't want to jinx it.  We bought a house! It's not completely a done deal because we haven't gotten the sellers' signatures, but that should happen tomorrow. When all is said and done and official, I will post pictures. Hopefully, I will have some pictures of my own soon and not listing photos. When you post listing photos, the address of the house comes up in a google search and links to your blog, fyi. 



That means that I have to put my big girl shoes on and work on decluttering and packing up the rental house. We have some small repairs to do, and it feels a bit overwhelming with our busier schedules, colder weather, and minor pregnancy complications getting in the way. When I say complications, I don't mean true complications. I mean migraines interfering with well-meaning plans to gut kitchen cabinets, nausea ruining the best of intentions when it comes to finishing multiple loads of laundry, and your typical, run-of-the-mill fatigue and swelling of the feet. 

A tylenol and bowl of ice cream later, I think I am feeling a little more up to the task. I'm incredibly excited yet filled with more than a fair share of nerves. This is truly the busiest, most draining time of year for a lot of people, and I hope that, despite fatigue and stress, we're able to come out of this alive and still loving each other.  I find myself overwhelmed when I think of all the projects in addition to both our jobs and Brandon's school. 

In other news, I hate going downstairs to do laundry in the cold, smelly, spidery basement. 
I am so thankful that "our" house has a laundry hookup upstairs and down the hall from the master bedroom. 

In other other news, I am going maternity clothes shopping on Tuesday.  I didn't go to church with Brandon this morning because I couldn't find anything in my closet that still fit okay! This lower belly is popping, and it's not all that attractive when crammed into my mediums and larges! 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house! My mom is a real estate agent so I know all about the house buying (and selling) process. I will pray that everything will go smoothly. :) It's a good thing you already started packing, and make sure Brandon does NOT let you move anything... I hate moving but I love new floor plans, re-arranging, AND decorating!

    I bet you are so excited and ready to nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am excited, scared, overwhelmed, worked into a frenzy-- the usual for me. ;) I am going ahead and starting to pack some lighter things and things we don't use, like books we've read that are just sitting on shelves and movies and stuff like that. Tonight, I'm working on going through my bathroom closet and bagging up old perfumes and body sprays and random toiletries that I had forgotten about. It's fun to find teeth whiteners and stuff from years past. I'm wondering if they even still work! Apparently, I didn't have the patience to use them at the time... and I have some hoarding tendencies. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What could be better than a new house just in time for the holidays. Fingers crossed for you. YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! First off, congrats on your pregnancy! I can't wait to read more about how things are going with you and your little one. Hopefully your hubby is just spoiling you rotten! And congrats on getting a new house! What a wild and great time in your life! Do your best to try and rest as much as you can though. Don't overdo anything. Thanks so much for following my blog. I've been HORRIBLE at updating. I guess I've just been absorbing all things baby related and just had little to say. I'm now following your blog. I can't wait to read more about all that is going on with you!

    ReplyDelete