Thursday, June 3, 2010

.........................head, meet desk. Desk, meet head.

Desperately want to start keeping a diary like Bridget Jones. I am her. Only she's perfectly witty, British, and exciting! I, unfortunately, am none of those things. Anyhow... I have nothing. 

This whole bloggy business is clearly not for me, although I do love my pretty new background and the idea of a blog. I just don't think it's practical with a full-time job. I don't get terribly excited about decorating anymore since this house is just a rental, and that kind of stuff is what I like to read about or blog about. It's not like I can tear down a wall and do all sorts of things to this place, so I'm just going to be neutral and content and try not to obsess about all of the things I would like to buy or decorate or rearrange. There's no purpose in it anymore. As long as it's reasonably clean when people drop by, it'll be okay for now. We're throwing money into a fund to get our own house as soon as possible, the old fashioned way. No thirty year mortgage, no crazy debt, no fear of foreclosure. It's tedious, but the rewards will be huge! 

Now I just have to pretend I didn't get a brand new Ballard Designs catalog in the mail. It gives me too much inspiration, and I just don't have any room for inspiration these days. 



blahblahblah... 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Aww, don't give up.

    You should never feel like you are forced to blog, it's not a job (unless you are one of the few who make a living from doing it).

    What I usually do is whenever I have something to write about, I think about it in my head and then I make a draft of it. I might end up posting or I might discard it completely. This helps me because sometimes life gets so busy I forget about some great things to talk about.

    Anyways, I know you work a lot more than I do and I remember when I worked full-time at the law firm that when I came home I wanted to do nothing, but I just thought I'd encourage you to keep going. I like reading what you say, even if it's just about what you did. I'm weird though, I'm a people watcher/reader so I like reading about the mundane things of life that people do. :)

    Plus, if there is going to be an addition sometime in the future, from what I've heard it's a great way to remember all the details and keep track for future reference. ;)By the time I have kids mommy blogging will be a thing of the past. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <33 Aww. I would write more, but I'm trying to force in some reading on my lunch break.

    ReplyDelete