Friday, July 23, 2010

Allow for me to clear my throat and take a pregnant pause...


There's not many people who follow my blog, so I figured I'd let this little blog world know that we have another bun in the oven!! Due March 23rd or whereabouts. Yeah! If you squint, you can see the second light pink line. That was my first test! You can see it a lot better in person, but I'm not going to invite you guys over to stare at something I peed on. 

I don't want to write too much about this pregnancy until we have our first checkup. So far, so good.  Our first checkup is going to be on August 18th, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Hoping that this is going to be a healthy pregnancy and at the end of nine months, we'll be holding a healthy newborn! The miscarriage in April didn't dash our hopes entirely, thank God! That was traumatic. 

Tomorrow marks 5 weeks for me. I'm hoping for another 35-37 weeks of fun! 

Pregnancy hopes/confirmations always bring out a pseudo neat freak in me. This morning I was folding some of our clothes and putting them away in our drawers. I had a hard time closing one of the drawers, so I pulled the drawer out completely to find a shirt that had fallen through the dresser. . . accompanied by tufts of cat hair. :/ I am usually good about keeping the cat hair you can SEE out of the way, but this phantom cat hair is getting on my nerves. I'm going to have a breakdown!

So, right now I'm going through my lower kitchen cabinets and rewashing everything and vacuuming the insides of the cabinets. It just grossed me out way too much  for me to let it stay as is! I guess this is a welcome change in me. I combat being really ambitious about detailed projects and tiredness at the same time, so there's probably going to be a lot of things left unaccomplished.  For my own motivation and accountability, I might do a bloggy cleaning challenge or something. It's about time I got my act together when it comes to the keeping the house presentable at all times.  The one thing that keeps me going is the sad thought of an infant inhaling cat hair and coughing out a hair ball. Not good! 

How are my readers? I have a lot more entries to write about our Atlanta trip, but life's been a bit busy! 
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting Jami! I will definitely be praying for you guys and the little one. :)

    As far as me, well, I turn 25 on Monday and I just finished my summer class (it was go at your own pace so I hurried through it)... so now I plan to read a lot for the next 6-7 weeks.... yup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    So excited for you guys and Itty Bitty Dragan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jami!!! I am so happy for you both!!! I will be praying that everything goes extremely well with the pregnancy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jami! I just found your blog! I will be praying that everything goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Erin!! :D I'm going to have to start following your blog, too! It really is a fun way to keep up with people. Hope you and your hubby are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete