Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grandmas are cool.


I spent 12 whole hours with my grandma yesterday, and it was a blast. 
This wasn't from yesterday, obviously. I didn't have my camera and I very clearly don't fit into a size 6 anymore. *sigh* 

But Grandma still has a flair for avoiding the camera. . . 

Anyhow, we started out our day by heading to the Frist with the free vouchers Trina gave me. Surprisingly enough, even though my knowledge of downtown Nashville is minimal, we made it through our day without the assistance of Garmin. We didn't end up staying there very long because Grandma was cold ( in this 90 degree weather). We made it through the Couture exhibit before she couldn't take it anymore, so we went back outside into the humidity and heat. :D You'll put up with anything for your Grandma, I think.

We got hungry and went to Big River! I parallel parked for the first time ever, and nobody died, nor did I back into the curb. You don't understand. I never understood the necessity of parallel parking and therefore could never will myself to do such a dangerous thing. It's just that when you've left your car in neutral before while getting the mail and allowed it to roll down a hill into a gate that you get a little iffy about living on the edge.  :) And when someone else's car might be involved in your potentially bad parking job, it's not such a good thing! But I digress. . . 

After that, we went to Green Hills Mall because Grandma had never been. We walked around a bit, went into baby clothing stores, and had a generally awesome time.. I fell in LOVE with a baby dress that was light purple and had sketches of three little kittens playing in a basket. I am planning on having it. It's just a matter of time. It's one of those things that I would like to buy just in case I have a girl, you know? A good staple to have on hand. So sweet.  $44 kind of sweet. I need it. 
After hitting up Pottery Barn, Ann Taylor, and Sephora ( did not stay in there too long-- perfume + pregnant=queasy overload) -- we made our way over to Cheesecake Factory for some cheesecake and coffee. She had coffee; I had water. 

I left my phone on the table and didn't realize it. 
Next, we headed back into the Lebanon area and went to the outlet mall. More baby clothes and Banana Republic. 
Went back home. Realized I didn't have my phone. Went inside to call around. 
Called Grandma and we were back on the road to Green Hills. She didn't want me to go alone. Aww. :) 

We picked up my phone from Green Hills and were back on our way to Lebanon when we decided an hour long pit stop at Home Goods was in order. 

Best day! I love my Grandma. :) I haven't seen her in a while, and that made everything so much better. 


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. First off, I want to hate you for EVER fitting into a size 6, but I won't... Believe it or not, even back when I was 115 pounds I could not fit into a size 6 thanks to my hips. My body structure just won't go below a size 8.

    I would buy the dress too, and then I'd have all boys because that's just how life is. hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parallel parking story just cracked me up haha! I avoid parallel parking at all costs...I'll park several blocks away just to keep from having to do that.

    Glad you had a cool day. Grandmas are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete