Tuesday, July 6, 2010

of life and legends

I have to apologize for the serious nature of my posts from time to time. It's not my intention to bombard the masses with what I'm feeling. Just the same, though, this is my blog and I have to frequently admit to what I'm working through. It may sound like a lot of complaining, but it's just venting. I should perhaps create yet another blog to devote solely to more emotional topics, but then I would be depriving you guys of who I truly am. Not that I'm trying to be cocky or anything. . . 
I think you get what I'm saying. 

Anyhow, I promise that a fun post is on the way. 
We're going to go see Phantom of the Opera this weekend in Atlanta, and that's sure to be a good time with lots of pictures and goodness. 
I don't need to tell you this, but I'll cry as soon as I hear the orchestra start up the overture. 
I don't know why I cry. It's not that the music moves me. I think I cry because it was something sweet in my past.  Most  of my good memories circulate around musicals and theatre. 

And tonight, I'm going to stop by redbox and get Colin Firth's new movie, A Single Man,
and force Brandon to watch it with me. He doesn't know it, but Colin Firth is his favorite leading man, too. 
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the people who we love in cinema now are going to be like the Gene Kellys and Bing Crosbys of the future? I can't imagine my favorite actors ever getting old and becoming obsolete people with Biography specials and recaps of their glory years. 
Like, am I going to be that grandma that gets crazy delighted when a movie from 1995 comes on with my grandchild being bored out of her mind  like it's something from the '30s-40s? 
"This is when they knew how to make a movie! Not that trash you see now!!" 
*dies after seeing Shirley Temple tap dance for the millionth time*
I don't know. It just makes me smile. Things change; we get older. 
And are there even going to be movies? Or are those going to become obsolete like talkies and soap operas? ( I say this because all of my grandmother's favorites are off the air or are in their last leg.) 

I'm probably thinking of this because someone tried to sell off an old set light from the Golden Age of Hollywood on Pawn Stars last night. 

Yep.  Anyhow, have a nice day! 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment