Saturday, July 24, 2010

I look like Lloyd.

Ever attempted to cut your own hair? 
Well, I do that all the time. I see a hair a bit longer than the rest or something that's a result of my cowlick and immediately grab the closest pair of scissors and go to war against my hair. The need to cut my hair was has been only  amplified by the sassy pair of haircutting scissors I found at Dollar Tree. 

Sometimes I have decent results. Decent, if not perfect, is at least free. I hate paying $5-10 for something as simple as a bang trim. 

Well, I had the great idea to make my bangs a lot shorter and still keep the whole side swept bang thing going on. Didn't quite work out. I now have Dumb and Dumber bangs! I've had them for about a week, but I've been in denial. I've tricked myself into thinking they look okay in wake of the happy news. 

Not so, not so. 

Anyhow, here are my bangs... and I cannot wait for them to grow out so I can get them properly done again.  Look at the jagged pathetic-ness of this hair. MAN.


They kind of make me want to vomit. 
This is like the time I shaved off half of my eyebrow in the tenth grade. 
Only, I don't have the excuse of youthful ignorance...

Speaking of youthful ignorance, I would pretty much do anything to have this hair again. I think I was 21?  With the help of prenatals and self-discipline, it is a work in progress for Brandon. He desperately wants my hair to be long again. I think he's tired of the mom hair.
 This was back when my hair would actually do something for me. . . 






Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I heard once that hair changes as it grows. It doesn't always come out the same texture. I used to be able to do great things with mine, and then a few months later it just lost the capability to curl a certain way, etc... Now its nice again.

    And btw, your bangs don't look like that in person. You wear them more swept over. I definitely never thought dumb and dumber bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's better to wear them straight across instead of parted. I got a glimpse of my part earlier tonight and wanted to die. They're too short to lay flat, so they go out in many different directions. I think with a little product they look fine straight across. I want swoopy bangs now. I hate myself for the massacre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't look bad!!! I totally remember the time you shaved off half of your eyebrow!!! I remember you telling me that you were having to pencil it in!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! Oh the funny things that happened in high school!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the best part about me trying to pencil in my brow was that the pencil was so black it was blue because my mom didn't have any other colors in her makeup drawer! HA! I was wearing my ratty hair over my face for the next month!!

    ReplyDelete