Sunday, September 26, 2010

fatty mcbutterface

Remember the good old days when Lyla was fatter than me?  I kid, I kid. 
She looks like she loves me, right? 

I am getting a fat face from this baby. 
Genetics were already working against me because I inherited the full face of my Cherokee ancestors, but now I am double-chinning it with the best of 'em. 

And I hate it. I've always hated my fuller face. Even when I was slim, I had a full face. 

Now that there's a baby in my belly, my face has rebelled against me and probably needs to be donated to science. It's a massive face explosion that has resulted in seven or eight chins, probably closer to ten when I laugh. 

If I were an emoticon, this is what I'd look like :-D ) ) ) ) ) 

Apparently, this sometimes happens.  I was hoping and praying for the only outward indication of pregnancy to be the beach ball belly and some amazingly lush hair due to prenatals, but it appears that I am going to spread in more places than I thought possible.  Believe me, I am so excited for this baby! The baby outweighs all of the discomforts and ugliness I am starting to feel, but I seriously thought pregnant women were supposed to feel beautiful. 

I just feel fatter. And oilier.  Seriously. Hey pregnancy, thanks for making my hair greasy and my face explode with random zits and double chins worthy of a Sumo wrestler. 

And get this, I'm only 14 weeks. I am SCARED of what I'll be 6 weeks from now at the ultrasound. I am not truly in maternity clothes yet and won't be until I pop. For now, I'm just meandering around in my tight clothes and struggling with the constant annoyance of my belly band.  

I'm starting to experience round ligament pain which is a BUTT. 









Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I say this because I love you... SHUDDUP! Skinny Mc Whineypants! You seriously have BDD, there is but one chin in that photo. I see absolutely no difference in your face except that you are wearing your hair differently. If you have 10 chins, then I have a penis. Not happening.

    PS- I see the wall vine has photobombed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better start checking around down there. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful Jami!!! I have a fuller face too and there have been times when I hate it..especially when I gain a lot of weight! It seems like all my weight goes to my face sometimes which is just cruel. LOL!

    You might not feel beautiful or think you look beautiful, but you do!!!

    I think that when I finally(hopefully) get pregnant, I will be the type to just eat and eat and eat. At least then I will have an excuse to be fat!!! LOL!!! Maybe that was just wrong of me to say, but seriously....I have cravings now and I'm not pregnant, so I can only imagine what it will be like when I am pregnant!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Trina, you definitely have BDD because you are so not fat in the face! That picture of you in a bikini was fine also, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I am about to admit this in a public forum, but I started wearing maternity jeans about 2 weeks after I found out I was pregnant. I had already gained some weight before I got pregnant and had gone up a jean size and as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I thought I had an excuse to wear the comfy pants.

    If you aren't comfy, I would just go ahead and give in. Maternity jeans are like sweat pants, but look like jeans and are WONDERFUL. I wish I could wear them now some days to be completely honest with you. I will give my recommendation though - go with jeans that have the secret fit belly in them. That makes a world of difference once you (and the baby) start getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete