Tuesday, September 28, 2010

tale as old as time...


If there is such a thing as a perk to being nauseous and sick all day, I would say it would have to be staying in bed and watching movies on netflix and youtube. 

That meant I got to indulge my Disney love for a bit. I saw a commercial last week about Disney's Beauty and the Beast coming to DVD and blue-ray, and it made me think how I haven't seen my FAVORITE Disney movie in a good ten years, at least. Probably more like fifteen. I think I watched it nonstop when it first came out.  That means, in my nauseous insanity, I watched the entire movie ten minute clip by ten minute clip on youtube. 

I kind of forgot how emotional the finale was, and I ended up BAWLING because of the music. This score is just incredible, and this was back when Disney movies were GOOD. I have to say. . . the stage musical doesn't nearly have the same effect on my emotions, and we all know that I love some Broadway! 


I remember my mom taking me to see this in the theatre in 1992. 
So good. Want it on dvd to watch with my kids. I actually want them to put it back in the movie theatre so they can have the same experience I did, complete with popcorn and a massive coke that meant numerous bathroom trips in the middle of the movie. I came home and sang the songs for days and acted out the opening scene in my parents' garage with my neighbors and cousins!   Sad that I remember that! And I wanted to be Belle for Halloween that year, but the costume was so popular that no one had it, and my mom wasn't at her sewing prime yet! Sad day! I think I ended up being a hobo or a bunny rabbit that year. :/ The next year it got even better, a pumpkin. And the next year, Pebbles Flintstone-- ( And to think I resurrected that 4TH GRADE costume by squeezing my 18 year old college freshman self into that seven  years ago!)

This mama's acting like such a LITTLE GIRL with this pregnancy! I hope baby is a little girl because she's certainly getting an overexposure of Disney, froufrou, and classical music. 

I heard little girls are the causes of swollen pregnancy faces and excessive nausea and ACNE (GAH!) , but that's neither here nor there. 


NOW... I MUST finish laundry. It's very inconvenient to get sick in the middle of the day and fall asleep for a few hours trying to "get over" it.  I did manage my grocery shopping ns even succeeded in coming home and putting most of it away. There's still cans on my counter because, despite the lack of food, my pantry is somehow exploding. I have to organize it, clean a sink full of dishes, empty dishwasher,  throw something in the crock pot, and finish laundry before Brandon makes it back home. It's not that he's exactly expecting this of me in my current state, but I'm sure he would like a hot meal every once in a while, right? And I sure would like something that resembles a clean house. 

BAH, nausea, BAH! 

::nervously waiting to hear back about our bid on the house:: I don't want to post pics yet because I'm not sure it's going to be ours. Even though I'm already painting and redecorating that blank canvas of a house in my mind, it's not real yet, and therefore-- I'm not going to break my heart by packing early and buying material for new drapes. Life in limbo is kinda fun, kinda not. It means that I've stopped decorating and rearranging the current house in hopes of packing all of this stuff up. I haven't even dragged my pumpkins and fall decor from the basement. I'm THAT excited.  That, and the idea of going down to the basement for laundry is nauseating, let alone spray painted pumpkins, gourds, and twigs. :/

The house we bid on has a laundry closet upstairs. WIN! And while I wanted an actual laundry room, it definitely helps that it's going to be on the same level as our bedroom. Where laundry used to be one of my favorite chores, I now hate it because it means lugging load after load up and down some majorly narrow steps and hanging out in the dark, spidery recesses of our basement. THAT, and our stupid Whirlpool Cabrio's fabric softener jet is clogged, and my laundry just doesn't smell as pretty anymore. I tried doing all the things the representative told me to do, and we're no longer in warranty because the thing's over two years old. *sigh* Stupid high efficiency piece of junk!  I have to change our detergent anyways. Tide's making me gag.  Too many conflicting smells with the Febreze and the oxyclean and what not. Spare me. 

Okay, that was definitely a housewife ramble. I'm going now. 




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. We need to do the ring and string test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we had the flintstones themed halloween party in 4th grade...or was it 5th?! Wow...we've known each other a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I have such a love for Disney. Owning and watching Disney movies is my secret little obsession. :) I can't wait to get Beauty and the Beast! I watched it on Broadway too. It was really awesome - but I agree. Nothing really compares with the movie.

    ReplyDelete