Monday, August 9, 2010

I have a drinking problem.


7w2d 

Feeling pretty yucky and dehydrated. My throat feels all lumpy and constricted, and water is making me gag. I don't think I've been drinking enough water the past couple of days. I'm not a big water drinker in general, so it's tough to get as much down as I need to.  I average about 64 or so ounces a day. I think that's enough for one person, not a person carrying a baby, so I need to step it up a notch as much as I hate it.  

The only comfort that I have right now is that there are moms out there who didn't even know they were pregnant until much further into their pregnancies and who didn't drink a lot of water because they didn't know they needed to.  I'm mentally beating myself up for child abuse over here. Seriously, I met a women in the store the other day who was five months before she knew she was expecting. To be that lucky woman who didn't agonize over the first trimester woes...


I stayed home from the early part of my shift, but I have to go in at four. I am not looking forward to it.  I actually wimped it out today and started crying when all I could do was dry heave. Lemme just say it's not my favorite thing.  Being nauseous with nowhere for the nausea to go is not fun.  I'm always fearful that I could be harming my baby, that baby doesn't have enough amniotic fluid to swim in, that he/she's limbs are going to be deformed because I wasn't the best water drinker, that baby is going to be underweight at birth because Mom forgot to eat she was feeling so cruddy...

I haven't had a fruit or vegetable this entire week.  I am not a model pregnant woman. I so wanted to be, but I didn't know how crazy your body can be!! 

It's enough to make you go insane. 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment