Thursday, August 19, 2010

Prenatal Visit Update


So, I basically had the best prenatal visit anyone could ask for. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. I was understandably a bit nervous this time, so I am really thankful. 

ANYHOW. . . 

Here's the interesting part. 
:) 
I'm carrying a perfect little "bean" who measured 8w2d on the ultrasound. That's only two days off from what I initially calculated, so that's good. My official due date is March 28th. There was a heartbeat, loud and clear and detected by doppler, 164 bpm. 

Here are the tedious details that only a Mama would love. . .
When I was called back for my visit, I was immediately hugged by the nurse practitioner who recognized me from last time. She was so excited to see me back so soon and was super helpful in requesting the early ultrasound and getting everything set up. 
She weighed me, and I am shocked/ashamed to say that I have gained nine lbs since the miscarriage.  I know half of that's bloat and pregnancy, but STILL! She wasn't too concerned and said that as long as baby arrived safely, I wouldn't be in the dangerous weight zone until I gained, like, 80 or so lbs. Haha. Don't tempt me. I will gain that. I like to live on the edge. I know right now that I'm going to get BIG. My face, to me, already looks stretched out and pregnant. My nose is getting wider. Really. I see it. I already can't button my pants and have to wear a strap of elastic with buttons sewn into it. 

I am going to do Weight Watchers for nursing moms and hopefully get the rapid weight gain down. I hate the idea of watching what I eat while pregnant, but I don't want to be at risk for the gestational diabetes, you know? AND... I would like to be mobile and not be on recommended bed rest for being so, well, bulky. 

Anyhow, had the boring old pelvic exam and apparently am equipped to deliver the good old fashioned way when the time comes. *blush* 

I was then ushered down the hall to the lab and gave up the nine lbs I had gained in blood samples.  After that, I scheduled my next appointment for the 15th of September and went downstairs for my ultrasound....

AND THIS IS WHAT WE GOT. 



The baby is the white blob inside the whale shaped black hole. ;) 
 
The nurse practitioner also gave me a goodie bag of baby prep magazines, books, coupons, etc. It even had a tiny newborn diaper inside. Is this not amazingly cute? I know it will one day be filled with poop, but whatever. 


Last, but not least, is my first belly picture. LOL. I want to document this. I'm pretty sure it looks like chub and not pregnancy, but it was fun to take. Disregard messy bedroom. Air wasn't working, and I was sick. 





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Aww I'm glad everything is going so well!

    Look at you and your cute little pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for you & your hubby :) Glad things went well!

    ReplyDelete