Friday, August 13, 2010

LIFE, LOVE, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

I have met many people in my life who just radiate goodness and enthusiasm. 
I want to be one of those people. 

That's all I have right now. Yes, I realize it's two blog posts in one day. I have a lot of time to think today because I'm too sick to leave the house again. ( I went out briefly with my mom for lunch and a consignment store. ) I'm beginning to think that maybe it's not just pregnancy and that I'm really sick with a virus or something like that. No fun, but enough about that! 

So, for those of you who read these little posts of mine, do you have a memory of me bringing any sunshine to your life? I know that sounds horribly cliche. I guess I want to know if I am a good friend or if I'm someone you dread seeing. There are just some people that suck the life out of others, and I don't want to be that person. I want to be the encourager, the life-giving person. . . I want to love you guys like Jesus loved me, and sometimes I just fail and fail miserably. 

But, after spending a few hours with some good company last night, I am persuaded to treat this life as what it is, an adventure, a gift. I don't want to hang around and live some mediocre life, impeded by perfectionism and my lack of confidence. Sometimes you just have to be refreshed to see what's missing in your own life. And when you come across people who LOVE life, it's almost impossible not to love and be thankful for your own. 

I want to find beauty in the flaws, to LOVE this life. 
To make the most of the short time I have... 





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Well, I don't see you often, but I remember when I first met you that I thought you were very sweet and adorable. I always hear from Trina that she wouldn't be able to stand work sometimes without you there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah, I dread coming to work when you AREN'T there. Most days I just make it through because I know I get to see you. Tuesdays are my least fave day of the work week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I see you...which is far & in between...I smile b/c I think of all the fun we had in school together :) There aren't many people I still talk to that I've known since I was 8!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always appreciate how you're such a good listener. For real. Half of the stories I tell don't make any sense at all, but that doesn't seem to bother you...you just laugh at me anyway :)

    You're definitely an encourager to me...thanks for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete