Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh baby, baby...

Praises be! I have a long weekend. Which means. . . I'm googling baby stuff before I do anything remotely productive. 
 Anyone remember when I gushed over a baby dress two or three weeks ago? 
Well, I went on a mad google hunt and found it. SO VERY CUTE. I still want it. 

$44 
I want to find this in a consignment shop in a year. Seriously. Look at the kittens. Kittens! 

Remember when I was on amazon during my lunch break yesterday and stumbled upon this treasure? I'm embarrassed to say that one of these would be mighty handy.  According to reviews, this thing is wonderful! I am still intrigued as to how two full bottles can stay suspended in mid-air, but what do I know about life and physics? 
Simple Wishes Hands Free Breast Pump Bustier
$28, a breast pump bustier 
Does not include breast pump, but hey! I can play with baby, clean house, or do my taxes all while wearing this contraption. Seriously. One woman vacuums while she does this. I think she's an overachiever, but hey. Whatever works and brings harmony to your life post-baby. . . 
Martha Stewart Alphabet Flash cards


Oh, and since I'm bombarding you guys with baby-this and baby-that, here's a pregnancy update. I AM 8 WEEKS ALONG! That means only a month to go before I'm out of the scary first trimester. And then there's only 6 more months before our lives are changed forever. Can't wait. 
So far, so good. I am feeling GROSSgrossGrOSs. 
I have had a difficult time drinking which leads to some pretty unsavory dehydration. Water is just gross. I cannot drink it. It makes me want to vomit now. Nonetheless, I have to. And it's a labor of love. And I am desperately trying to get as much of it in as I can. This was a different story last week. I was guzzling it like a champ. Now I have to have Sprite, juice, milk, other fluids to break it up. I always drink those before I attempt water, and when water's the only thing I have left, it's a major letdown. The only other thing that makes me as nauseous as water is the nasty Powerade Zero that Brandon bought me. It's just the vilest thing to ever touch your lips. GUH! 

I had my first "real" morning sickness yesterday. "Real" to me means hugging the porcelain god. It wasn't actually morning sickness because it happened late at night at Big River, no less, but I am so happy it finally happened. I returned to the table and could actually EAT, which is a lot better than pushing your food around and smiling through a queasy expression when you're company's looking at you strangely. I had been going through the misery that is nausea without relief, so that made all the difference. I felt truly pregnant. And when that lady gave me a sympathetic, "You're bulimic, aren't you?" smile in the bathroom, I felt like I should have given her a high five. It finally happened. I AM A MOMMY. Brandon said I should have smiled and asked, "Have you tried the flame-grilled meatloaf? That's what that was." 

Anyhow, I am trying to compose a grocery list, and nothing, absolutely nothing, sounds remotely tolerable today.
I want to make broccoli cheddar soup, but the smell of cooking broccoli does nothing for me. 

Anyhow, my first prenatal visit is Wednesday. I'll be closer to 9 weeks, so hopefully they'll perform some sort of ultrasound or doppler. I want to see/hear bunny's heartbeat and know that everything's okay. I'm sure it is, but anxiety is tearing me down in a major way. 

Thanks for reading! I'm off to sleep my way through this long weekend. 


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love your cute little baby posts, living vicariously through you, btw.

    I often bookmark or e-mail myself things that I notice and like because I feel like I will forget in a few years. Btw, playtex drop-ins are apparently the thing? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have to go and google to see what those things are now. I'm thinking it's a bottle liner, but NO IDEA. I'm going to scamper off to see! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, bottle liners. They are supposed to be very good for eliminating gas and reflux.

    ReplyDelete