Tuesday, August 3, 2010

come mow my lawn?

So, I really need it to cool off outside. You should see our yard. Jungle just doesn't do it justice right now. It looks like we should be preparing to bale hay. I'm kind of embarrassed. I would get out there and mow, but it's 90 degrees, and heat stroke and pregnancy just don't mix. I married a Northern boy who's not accustomed to this kind of heat, so it's a real labor of love for him to get out there when it's this hot and do yard work. I kind of don't blame him, but the state of our yard right now just isn't pretty.  Our yard has no curb appeal right now. . . ew. 

I'm hoping we can both get out there tonight. I can weed-eat, and he can do the lawn. . . 

I don't know if that's safe. I guess I could ask my trusty pregnancy message boards. 

It's just hard to keep things up when you're feeling nauseous all the time and don't have the luxury of throwing up. I have the kind of nausea that lingers until you eat it away, and then it comes back with a vengeance because you're full from what you've eaten! I know I should be thanking my lucky stars for this, but it's just draining. I don't mean to complain. I really don't. I'm usually pretty good about keeping quiet and chugging along, but when I'm not doing something I absolutely have to do, I'm sleeping. . . and then when I'm awake, I'm moping around and wistfully wishing I had enough energy to clean! 

We have a couple of house guests who are coming and staying with us next week. Somewhere between this week and next, I have to muster some energy to go conquer the guest room and make it look presentable.  

Oh, on top of all of this, our air conditioning wasn't working this weekend, so we were out of the house for a few days staying the night at my in-laws'. That means the cats had free reign to go on the prowl while we were gone. I am amazed at the level of destruction sometimes. 

ANYHOW.... mid-morning nap time. . . 

I'm going to try and wake up around 1pm and do something awesome. 


 




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried any medicine for the nausea? I know some women take it while pregnant and some don't.

    You definitely don't need to be out in the heat for a long period of time, pregnant or not.... tell Brandon it's his husbandly duty to do such things and to make sure you don't die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supposedly there are supposed to be some awesome pregnancy lollipops that make nausea go away. B-Natal TheraPops ( I googled it for you :))A couple of my friends are preggers & one has had success with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and Preggie Pop Drops: Morning-Sickness Lozenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, thank you! I'll have to give them a try! I don't have the luxury of actually throwing up. . . just nauseated all day! Got a good three hour nap today, but I'm now bright eyed and bushy tailed!

    ReplyDelete