Saturday, May 1, 2010

Inspiration and Modpodge Nails/Claiming Beauty

You will be happy to know that inspiration has struck in the guest room. Is it still a mess? Oh boy, yes.  It looks like all the tornadoes that have been ripping through Tennessee today ripped through this  room, but at least I'm doing something in it. Even if it means I am creating more clutter and will be stressed out tomorrow. Even if it means the bedding that I bought last year on clearance at Target will no longer match. You know what that means? I get to hunt for new bedding at my favorite store ever, Ross. :) I love digging through piles and finding things for dirt cheap. It just screams fun. 

Hehe. So, I was in need of my ModPodge earlier this evening. I'm revamping the sign you saw before in the guest bedroom that said Naughty or Nice. I got it for $2.99 at Ross around Christmastime and thought I would hang it in my bathroom which is all pinks and greens. Well, that never happened. I tried to put it above our medicine cabinet and everything came crashing down, so it was shoved in the guest room until I picked it up tonight.  And let say that I am SO very happy I didn't spend any more than $2.99 on it! I am cursing myself for making such a haphazard purchase with no idea where to put it, but oh well. I was in this mood where I was just sign happy! I bought one that said Reindeer Crossing, too, but the people who priced the stuff at Ross stuck the label on the front and when I removed the label, the adhesive took the finish off. Not pretty. I took it back. 

I don't really know what I'm going to do with this piece of crap, but I'm slapping some scrapbook paper on it in hopes that the end result will be halfway decent. Anyhow, I had used my ModPodge last week making something else and had left it on the counter in the kitchen. When Brandon was putting things away, he thought it was something I used on my nails and put it in our linen closet in the bathroom. :) Crisis averted! 

I thought that was cute. I mean, it does look like I use ModPodge on my hands half the time. 



This image was yanked from modpodgerocks.blogspot.com, which I am now following. ;) I suggest you follow, too, if you want to become addicted to modpodge. 



Editing this post to add the sign which I threw together with my scrapbook paper, cricut, and modpodge. Please pretend that I know how to cut a straight line and forgive the wonky edges. I may cheat and go back later and add some more scrapbook paper to cover that green. Claim beauty. It means to make it yours wherever you find it. And beauty was found in the cricut machine this evening. I think I yanked the idea  from Rob Bell, but I think he said to claim truth? But truth is beauty and beauty is truth, so why not? 

I think I'm going to put it over the desk in the guest room and let it be my little mantra for creating things (otherwise known as stealing ideas from other crafty bloggers and passing them off as my own) . I don't know. If I have a little girl, I guess I could hang strips of ribbon from the back and have a hair bow hanger or something. I even thought about adding a tiny strip of plywood under it and getting hooks and making a coat rack or something, but that would be too many trips to Lowe's and I get overwhelmed in that store. Has this never been done before? No. Is it priceless art? Heck to the no. BUT, it was the first thing I sat down and cranked out with my cricut, and it occurred in less than fifteen minutes, so I am proud of my creation. Just imagine me saying "it's good!" like Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty. I think Brandon can rest easy now. SOMETHING GOOD HAS COME OUT OF THE CRICUT. 

SIDE NOTE: 

 May I just add here that I am not the only one who sometimes lets something slip out when I'm playing the Wii? Brandon was trying to watch Netflix on it and the remote wasn't working, and lemme just say I heard some things coming from the next room that weren't pleasing to the ears. Brandon is hysterical when he gets mad at technology. It's like the creators of the Wii have a personal vendetta against him. I just laugh and sip on my eighth diet coke of the day like it's the most normal thing in the world. Meanwhile, he's on his eighth soapbox of the day. I think it's cute. He's like the gentlest person -ever- and technology just messes with him in ways that a person probably never could. ;) And that, folks, is why I love my marriage. It is so entertaining. And insightful. I can't wait to have a little boy and try to temper that, erm, temper. 




No comments:

Post a Comment