Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jamaica, mon.

In Jamaica and loving it. The resort is beautiful, the dirty bananas are plentiful, and my tan line is the weirdest thing you've ever seen! Let's just say there is an outline of a book on my chest from reading my book in the bright Jamaican sun. I'll have to post pictures when I get home. So bizarre!
We don't have WiFi in our room because we decided it wasn't worth the money since Brandon gets all of his work emails to his phone, so I'm stealing my in-laws' right now to pay my cell phone bill.

This is totally the place for a fun group vacation. I know it's a couple's resort, but the Sandals company also has Beaches resorts for non-couples or families. The people here are so very friendly and attentive. It makes me want to stay in Jamaica and just work for Sandals. They've got it so good here! Sun and fun!

On the flipside, though, Jamaica is a really poor country. The houses driving in to the resort broke my heart. This island really depends on tourism. There is a place near the end of the Sandals beach where there are street vendors. They're prohibited from selling their wares on the beach where the Sandals guest are, but they occasionally try to sneak in. They pester you, but it's because they're very poor and need the $$$.








Photobucket

1 comment: