Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Painted bookcase.


I painted a bookcase my mother-in-law gave us today. It was sitting in our basement as a cat toy until I hoisted it into the driveway, laid it on a towel, and armed myself with a sample size can of Valspar teal blue and a paint brush. 

I am not a fabulous painter. I don't really pay attention to detail because my aim was to get it finished today, so don't look at it too closely. I kinda didn't paint the very bottom of the legs because my towel was bunched up around it. 

What did I do?

I wiped all sorts of cat hair and debris off of it. 

I quickly sanded it with a small hand sander and wiped off the grit. 

I sprayed it with a coat of primer and let it dry for about an hour. 

I painted it with one coat of the teal blue. That's pretty much all I HAD to work with, but you can get away with that when you prime. ;) 

This project took place between laundry loads and talking to Brandon as he laid out in the driveway. I like these kind of projects. :) 

What do you think? 


1 comment:

  1. I think it looks fantastic - like a little burst of happiness in the corner of the room.

    And the cat hair? I believe that's what gives a piece of furniture "history," no?

    ReplyDelete